WooCommerce Development Oxford
Are you looking for a WooCommerce website developer? If so, you’ve landed on the right site!
First off, it is important to note that WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress. There is a lot of overlap between WordPress and “Woo” (WooCommerce). Many WordPress experts will be great at assisting you with WooCommerce but they might not be able to support you with other WordPress queries.
They are both coded using PHP and share a lot of similarities. You will find lots of WooCommerce developers who specialise in both WooCommerce and WordPress. I have only ever built websites in WordPress so I know WooCommerce and WP very well! There are many parts to WooCommerce that a WordPress only developer may not be aware of.
I love reading up on the latest trends and tips for WooCommerce so keep checking back on my blog where I’ll be sharing WooCommerce code snippets, plugins and best practice tips and advice for your WooCommerce shop.
My favourite expression is “it’s easy when you know how”. Much of the knowing how comes from experience, from coding and using the WordPress system day in and day out.
Finding the right WooCommerce development partner
I’ve been building e-commerce websites using WordPress and WooCommerce for the last 6 years. I’m always learning new tricks with WooCommerce whether it’s a new plugin or a new way of building a part of the store functionality.
Here’s a list of a few items I look to cover with every WooCommerce project – Yep, I know I’m giving away tips and advice for FREE (and to my competitors!) but the short list below is just the tip of the iceberg!
- Mobile styles -I will run your website through Cross Browser Testing software to ensure that it works correctly on desktop, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Payment gateways – There are loads of payment gateways that work with WooCommerce. I can set up payment gateways for Woo like PayPal, SagePay and WorldPay. You will need to purchase the plugins directly with WooThemes but once you have handed the information to me I can link in the relevant API certificates and then integrate the payments gateways into the checkout pages on the shop. A recent Twitter poll that I posted showed that 86% of customer prefer to complete purchases online using PayPal.
When shopping online which payment gateway do you prefer to use? #webdesign RT
— Laurence Caro (@laurencecaro) 19 February 2016
You can also read my blog post on “Which payment gateway should I use for my WooCommerce store?“.
- Product images – Product images are hugely important on e-commerce websites. They can influence buying decisions. For example, if a customer is looking at buying a fridge do you have images of the inside of the fridge so that users can see how many milk cartons they can fit inside the door? Think outside the box and try to cater for as many customer scenarios as you can. Think about what images you would want to see if you were buying the product.
- Checkout process – Strip down elements on your website when customers are going through the checkout process. Remove elements from the header such as your navigation so that customers can simply focus on checking out with no distractions. On your checkout forms lose unnecessary fields to ensure that the process is as quick and easy as possible for users.
- Email notifications – Set up branded email notifications for both customers and staff. (new order, cancelled order, failed order, processing order, completed order, refunded order, customer order, customer note, reset password, new account) You should also set emails to follow up after sales to gather reviews and to keep your brand on your customers’ minds.
- MailChimp – Set up a MailChimp account and start gathering data from customers. Email marketing and re-marketing can increase sales massively.
- E-commerce hosting – Choosing the right hosting server is critical in making an e-commerce website successful. Any websites with transactions need to load quickly and perform securely and efficiently.
Caro Creative would love to help you with your project, so if you are looking for a WooCommerce expert to help out on your project click here to contact us.
We can help with:
- Custom WooCommerce theme development
- WooCommerce site builds
- WooCommerce consultancy
- WooCommerce tweaks
- WooCommerce conversion rate optimisation
- WooCommerce UX advice
- WooCommerce checkout optimisation
Please note we do get booked up quite far in advance so even if you just want to send a note over to give us a heads up that would be great.