Which payment gateway should I use for my WooCommerce store?
Which is the best payment gateway you should use for your e-commerce store? With dozens of options to choose from, it can be a complicated decision. A few popular payment gateways spring to mind straight away; PayPal, SagePay, Stripe UK, Worldpay – there’s loads out there!
Everyone who is new to e-commerce will tell you that the most difficult task isn’t only to decide which platform is the best one, but also the different factors that you need to take into consideration when deciding which gateway is best for your specific needs.
However, this isn’t a decision that should be made quickly. Choosing the right payment methods for your users will affect your conversion rates.
A few factors to consider…
- Is the payment gateway supported on your e-commerce platform?
- Do you want customers to enter their payment details directly on your site?
- Do you want a payment gateway and merchant account or an all-in-one payment service provider?
- Do you want to offer PayPal?
- What are the fees?
- How long is the contract?
- Does the provider have a good reputation?
- Does the payment gateway do what you need?
- Does the payment gateway support the payment methods your target market uses?
- Are you in a ‘high-risk’ business?
If you’ve considered these 10 factors, you’re now well on your way to choosing a suitable payment gateway.
To save you some time, here are some stats from a recent Twitter poll asking followers which gateway they trust and prefer to use…
When shopping online which payment gateway do you prefer to use? #webdesign RT
— Laurence Caro (@laurencecaro) February 19, 2016