What, in your eyes, makes an SEO consultant Oxford or SEO specialist? Is it experience based or certain training? It’s good to know how others perceive each other.
1. Someone who has at least 5-10 years actual, immersive search experience.
2. Someone who understands search engine algorithms and can keep up with progressive SEO trends and algorithm changes.
3. Someone who takes a realistic view of what Search Engine Optimisation is and how long it takes.
4. Someone who knows that algorithmic technology is split for every single keyword niche and that no 2 SEO factors align the same between search terms.
5. Someone who knows how to prioritise time to maximise output within retained time – maximum SEO benefit – lowest cost to client.
6. Someone who understands the importance of quality within SEO. It’s not always about quantity as quality is essential.
Actual immersive experience is key. There are so many SEO’s who’ve read a handful of MOZ posts and used WordPress plugins like Yoast and all of a sudden they are a specialist. There is so much more to SEO!
The main question is what makes someone a SEO or Digital Marketing expert? Years of experience? Clients served?
Someone who has experience plus is able to maintain their knowledge inline with the industry. SEO has progressed more in the last 3 years then all the time behind it. A good SEO is an SEO who not only understands the marketplace but one who also exercises diligence when it comes to setting client expectations. A good SEO consultant knows how to prioritise a campaign around the factors that matter most within budget.