My Day At The Google Engage For Agencies Event
Yesterday I attended my first Google Engage For Agencies Event at One Marylebone, London. The event was featured some great speakers covering a variety of different topics such as Best Practices For Mobile, Understanding Social, Key Adword Features For 2013 and much more. You can see the full agenda below.
Some Great Takeaways From The Event
- By 2013 more people will be using mobile to go online then desktop, there will be 1 mobile device per person on earth.
- Only 10% of Google advertisers have a mobile site!
- 40% of consumers will abandon a mobile site when it takes more than 3 seconds to load
- Develop your mobile site whilst thinking about people with large hands and you can’t go wrong!
- Consumers look for information on local business services all the time, have a mobile version of your site.
- Make commands like proceed to checkout a different colour, barclay card considered a bad example of mobile!
- Starting using HTML 5 in your mobile site.
- Make it easy to convert a sale – have good flow, white space is key to good user exp see asks, The Guardian, BMW.
- Make sure and have a link to your desktop version site as some users like pinch and zoom.
- Mobile optimised sites will get a better quality score from Google.
- Currys have gone with responsive design, getting good feedback.
- Check out https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ for good use of video to promote a business.
- 55% of the world’s population use YouTube.
- Theatre Royal Stratford is a good example of Google Plus and it’s Social Spine. See here.
- Coca Cola, Fiat and Obama are all using Google hangouts.
Tweets From The Day – #googleengage
#googleengage had a great time today, lots of valuable info especially about mobile search, new AdWords tools and great gifts thanks Google.
— Internet Marketing (@Getextra) November 24, 2012
Goggle shopping in UK search results to adopt USA model from Feb 2013 #googleengage
— Tony Thornby (@Coffeemate49) November 23, 2012
Around 30% of traffic to YouTube comes from mobile devices #googleengage
— Scott Hague (@scotthague) November 23, 2012
— Zeal Media (@wehavezeal) November 23, 2012
A Cool Google Flick Book Too!
At most events like this there is always an after party! Google went all out with this one! Free drinks, free food (tapas, thai and many more!), free bag printing and much more. Check out the cool Google flick book they printed for me!
Some More Cool Freebies!
Attendees also had the chance to pick up tokens by talking to Google staff and agents. These tokens could be used in exchange for great Google goodies! Checkout some of the cool bits I brought back!
It was also great to meet some really interesting people from Google and other agencies! It was great to meet our Google Business Manager at NeonLobster Design, Jamie King and also Liam Milner, Head Of Brainlabs Digital